5 Hair Oil Benefits You Wouldn't Want to Miss
Posted on October 10 2020
If you’re not the type to follow the hype and keep up with the latest trends, you might have skipped trying out hair oils when they first started to gain popularity. While it’s totally understandable why some people would doubt what hair oils can do for them aside from giving their hair a nice sheen, it’s important to note that hair products don’t typically work overnight so seeing results could take a while. Still, our advice when it comes to these things is “don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it.”
What Do Hair Oils Do?
So, what is it exactly that hair oils do for your hair? Well, that depends on what’s int them. Some hair oils are infused with certain ingredients to help address common hair issues like hair thinning, hair loss, dryness and dullness, and more. Here are some of the most common benefits of using hair oils.
- It encourages hair growth - women consider their hair as their crowning glory so using a hair growth oil for women when your hair starts thinning or shedding can be very helpful. Not all hair growth oils are for women, though. Lots of men get insecure about going bald, too, and there’s a hair growth oil product or two for them (like this one) as well.
- It protects hair from damage - a protective hair oil like the Babyliss Pro Argan Oil can help protect your hair from heat. This is especially useful if you’re the type who uses heat styling products regularly or if you’re the type who spends long hours under the sun.
- It fights dandruff - dandruff stems from a dry scalp. Aside from using a shampoo that’s specially formulated to combat dry scalp and dandruff, you can also use hair oils to prevent dandruff and add moisture to your scalp.
- It gives your hair the nutrition it needs - let’s face it: not everyone has the time or the luxury to pay as much attention to their diet as they should. A poor diet can affect your hair in many ways. However, you can give your hair the nourishment that it needs by using a hair oil infused with essential vitamins and minerals instead to keep your locks long and healthy.
- It makes hair more manageable - got unruly hair that won’t stay put? A hair oil like the Goldwell Kerasilk Control Rich Protective Oil can help with that. Aside from taming frizzy hair, this hair oil can also make your locks look shinier and healthier.
Do hair oils really work? Yes, they do. You just have to make sure you’re using a good quality one and that you use it as often as recommended. Results could take a while, but the wait is definitely going to be worth it.